Interview with an expert to use Amazon Prime Music
Part 1: Interview Summary
From interview with Paul, who is in his fifties and a former Microsoft engineer, I discovered that:
- The AmazonPrime Music is the best music App for listening and sharing the music in the world.
- Amazon cloud music library cannot access from two people using one account at the same time.
- Amazon Prime Music integrates other libraries by simply duplicating the library from the source to Amazon cloud library instead merging the same song from different libraries to Amazon cloud library.
(source: Youtube Amazon Channel)
Part 2: Interview Questions
- How do you listen to the music?
- How long do you listen the music per day?
- What type of technology do you use when you listen to the music?
- There are many choose of websites, Apps, and software for listening to the music. Why do you choose Amazon Music Prime?
- Would you like to give me the example why is Amazon Music Prime better than others?
- What the most part of Amazon Music Prime do you dislike?
- How do you satisfy the Amazon Music Prime? Most Satisfied? Satisfied? Neutral? Dislike? I hate it?
Part 3: Interview answers
How do you listen to the music?
90% I listen to the music from my desktop PC while I am working. Sometimes I listen to the music through my phone in my car.
How long do you listen to the music per day?
Varies from 1 hour to 7 hours in a given day. The typical situation is how long I work in that day and how long I listen to the music in that day.
What type of technology do you use when you listen to the music?
I storage my own music in the largely destined drive in my home and work. The music App I use is Amazon Music Prime. I loaded my personal music from Amazon Cloud. I like listening to the music straight from the Cloud because it is convenient for me to listen to the music on my phone, my car, my office, and my home.
The limited of Amazon Cloud service is two people cannot access to the cloud by using the one account at the same time. Therefore, when my wife listens to the music straight from the cloud, I have to listen to the music from my home library if I am at home.
There are many chooses of websites, Apps, and software for listening to the music. Why do you choose Amazon Music Prime?
I have tried bunches of them. The Amazon Music Prime is the best of all I have tried. Amazon Music Prime cannot do everything I want, but it still does the most things I want than others.
Would you like to give me an example why Amazon Music Prime is better than others?
Amazon Music Prime is MP3 basic App. I do not need to worry about the huge problem with iTunes. The problem when I use iTunes is when I move one song to other machines, the copyright will break and I cannot listen to that song in other machines. Amazon Music Prime support MP3 format, which is a standard and universal format, I can move the song from one machine to other machine and other machines, and that song always works well. This is a huge pro I use Amazon Music Prime and I feel Amazon Music Prime is friendly.
What the most part of Amazon Music Prime do you dislike?
Amazon cloud library cannot access from two people by using one account at the same time. This is a headache for me when I share Amazon cloud library with my wife.
When Amazon cloud library integrates with my iTunes library, it is just duplicated my iTunes library to Amazon cloud library instead merging the same song from my iTunes library to Amazon cloud library. The result of this action is that I have to listen to two times the of the same song from two different libraries.
How do you satisfied Amazon Music Prime? (Most satisfied? Satisfied? Neutral? Dislike? I hated it?)
PS: This interview is one the of projects in User Experience Design Fundamental class and is part of User Research. This interview is not relative with Amazon.com Inc.